All members are expected to attend every performance. During in-house and public performances, we ask that each member act as an ambassador of the Gold Coast Youth Orchestra. At all times, the GCYO encourages members to behave in a responsible, cooperative and dignified manner. As a measure of respect for all musicians, the GCYO asks members stay until the conclusion of each concert, performance or event.
All performing musicians are required to wear full Concert Dress for this performance, which includes:
- Youth Symphony and Junior Symphony: black micro-fibre long sleeve shirt, long black trousers, black socks and black dress shoes
- String Orchestra: white micro-fibre long sleeve shirt, long black trousers, black socks and black dress shoes, black bow tie for boys and black ribbon at collar for girls (see Group Volunteers for ribbon)
- Big Band and Little Big Band: black micro-fibre long sleeve shirt, long black trousers, black socks and black dress shoes with a colorful tie
- BB and YS may wear ankle-length black skirts as desired
- Lowes sell micro-fibre shirts and offer a 5% discount to GCYO members – just mention you are with GCYO
Updated January 2019