The Gold Coast Youth Orchestra (GCYO) provides a broad range of orchestral and band experiences to complement and enhance the ensemble offerings musicians receive in schools, and includes weekly rehearsals, tutorials and performances each term.
The GCYO offers a unique experience for young musicians; an offering not readily duplicated. Membership and Placement into an ensemble is done through an independent audition process.
Young musicians aged from 8 to 25 years are invited to apply.
Key Dates for 2022 entry*
*Please note that these are Proposed Dates and are subject to change
- 20/8/2021 – Applications Open
- 24/9/2021 – Applications closed
- 3/10/2021 – Music Excerpts online
- 23/10/2021 – Auditions held at GCYO
- 30/11/2021 – Audition results emailed
APPLICATIONS have now closed. For late application enquiries, please contact the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Audition Information – Group/s and instrument/s
Please READ these instructions carefully as the Application Form has changed from previous years:
- Please select the Instrument that you wish to audition with.
- Please nominate the Group(s) that you wish to apply for.
- For more information, please visit the individual Group Pages: Youth Symphony, Junior Symphony, String Orchestra, Big Band, Little Big Band
- When considering the group(s) for which to audition, consider how your ability matches the requirements of each orchestra or band.
- The Audition will require the applicant to prepare the Set Excerpts (to be released online at the designated date), plus 1 x own choice piece/ excerpt of up to 2 minutes maximum.
- If you wish to Audition the SAME instrument for both Orchestra and Band e.g. Trumpet for both JS and BB, you will be required to pay for two auditions ($40 x 2 = $80 Total) using the SAME form.
- To audition on TWO separate instruments e.g. Violin (JS) and Saxophone (LBB), OR Double Bass (YS) and Drumkit (BB), you will be required to FILL in SEPARATE FORMS.
- If for example, you wish to audition for YS on violin but would accept placement in another group (dependent on vacancy) if your first choice is unsuccessful, please indicate your preference on the application form.
- An Audition Fee of $40.00 PER AUDITION applies.
- Payment is by Credit Card upon Audition Application Form Submission.
- Audition Time will only be allocated upon receipt of Payment.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty or require assistance, please contact us at: email@example.com